Thomas (Tom) Glocer
Major Career Roles:
- Lead Independent Director, Merck & Co. Inc.
- Lead Independent Director, Morgan Stanley
- CEO, Thomson Reuters Corp and its predecessor Reuters Group
Other Career Highlights:
- Strategic Adviser, Z-Work Acquisition Corp.
- Director, AdFin Solutions Inc.
- Director, Council on Foreign Relations
- Director, New York City Investment Fund LLC
- Advisory Council member, Oxford Analytica Ltd
- Advisory Board member, Afiniti Inc.
- Advisory Board member, Oration Inc.
- Strategic Adviser, Cinchcast Inc.
- Adviser, Singapore Monetary Authority
- Member, International Business Council of the World Economic Forum
- Member, New York City Partnership
- Member, Business in the Community (London)
- Member, Advisory Board of the Judge Institute of Management at the University of Cambridge
- Member, International Advisory Board of British American Business Inc.
Tom Glocer has a wealth of professional experience from positions in the media, investment management, pharmaceuticals, financial services, and cyber defence sectors.
Tom is Lead Independent Director of Merck & Co. Inc. and Morgan Stanley. He is Executive Chair and Co-Founder of BlueVoyant LLC, a cyber-defence company, and fintech company Capitolis Inc.
He is also Chair of Istari Global Ltd, a cyber-risk management platform, a Partner in Communitas Capital LLC, a fintech-focused venture-capital fund, and the founder and Managing Partner of Angelic Ventures LP, a family office that invests in technology start-ups.
Tom is also an Independent Board member of Publicis Groupe SA, a Director of K2 Integrity Holdings Inc., a Trustee of the Cleveland Clinic, a Director of the Atlantic Council of the USA and an Adviser to Taktile GmbH. He is also on the Board of Governors of the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
From 1993 to 2011, Tom worked at Reuters Group plc and its successor company, Thomson Reuters Corp., where he served as CEO for 11 years at the news and professional information provider. Prior to Reuters, Tom was an M&A lawyer at Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York, Paris and Tokyo.