Thomas Thune Andersen
Major Career Roles:
- Independent Chair, Ørsted A/S
- Chair, Lloyd’s Register Group Ltd and Lloyd’s Register Foundation
- Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, IMI plc
- Chair, VKR Holding A/S
- CEO, Maersk Olie & Gas A/S
- Chair’s Community, World Economic Forum
Other Career Highlights:
- Independent Director, BW Offshore Ltd
- Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, Petrofac Ltd
- Chair, DeepOcean Group Holding Ltd
- Non-Executive Director, SSE plc
- Various roles, Maersk Inc. & A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S
- Chair, British Chamber of Commerce in Denmark
Thomas Thune Andersen has a wealth of global experience as a Chair and Executive across multiple sectors including engineering, maritime, critical infrastructure, energy sectors and manufacturing – specifically container-shipping, logistics, ports, ship-owning and operation, oil-field services, traditional upstream E&P and high-end engineering.
Thomas is Independent Chair of Ørsted A/S, which has been ranked as the most sustainable company in the world for the fourth year running. He is also Chair at Lloyd’s Register Group, Chair of VKR Holding A/S, Independent Director of BW Group Ltd and Senior Independent Non-Executive Director of IMI plc, where he is ESG responsible for employee engagement. He is an Independent Board member of Green Hydrogen Systems A/S and Chair of Lloyd’s Register Foundation one of UK’s largest charities.
Thomas was previously Non-Executive Director of SSE plc, Petrofac Ltd and BW Offshore Ltd, and Chair of DeepOcean Group Holding AS. In his executive career, he was a Partner at A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S and CEO and Partner at Maersk Olie & Gas A/S.
Thomas has extensive experience with different ownership structures and governance models.
He has overseen large-scale business transformations, e.g. at Ørsted, as well as overseeing large IPOs. His present focus is on developing sustainability and ESG agendas for companies and government institutions.
Thomas is also a member of Friends of Ocean Action Community/UNGC, in the World Economic Forum’s Chairs’ Community, and is a Commissioner of the Energy Transitions Commission. He is also a member of the Danish Committee for Good Corporate Governance and the Gender Diversity Roundtable, Denmark.
Thomas was awarded the Danish Knight’s Cross in 2018.