Sir Jan du Plessis
Major Career Roles:
- Chair, BT Group plc
- Chair, Rio Tinto plc
- Chair, SABMiller plc
- Chair, British American Tobacco plc
- Chair, Financial Reporting Council
- Group FD, Compagnie Financière Richemont SA
Other Career Highlights:
- Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, Marks & Spencer Group plc
- Non-Executive Director, Bank of Scotland plc
- Non-Executive Director, Lloyds Banking Group plc
- Chair, RHM plc
- Director, Hanover Direct Inc.
- Non-Executive Director, Vendôme Luxury Group plc
- Director, Rothmans Inc.
Sir Jan du Plessis is a highly experienced international Chair, having held roles with some of the largest FTSE 100 companies. His career has encompassed various sectors including telecommunications, mining, brewing, tobacco, food and luxury goods.
Sir Jan is Chair of the Financial Reporting Council in the UK and the former Chair of BT Group plc, Rio Tinto plc, SABMiller plc and British American Tobacco plc. He also served as Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee of Lloyds Banking Group plc, Senior Independent Non-Executive Director of UK retailer Marks & Spencer plc and Chair of leading food manufacturer, RHM plc.
Sir Jan has extensive experience within multi-national companies with large international operations and has an in-depth understanding of corporate governance practices in various jurisdictions.
Sir Jan served as Group Finance Director of Richemont for 16 years before pursuing a plural career, becoming Chair of some of the largest FTSE 100 companies.