Major Career Roles:
- Deputy CEO, Schibsted ASA
- Managing Partner, McKinsey & Co., Norway
- Chair, Norwegian Broadcasting Corp
- Chair, Storebrand ASA
- Chair, Oda, Xeneta, WG2 and other start/scale-ups
Other Career Highlights:
- Independent Chair, Statoil Fuel & Retail ASA
- Independent Chair, Hafslund ASA
- Board member, Scandinavian Airlines systems (SAS)
- Chair, Verdens Gang AS, Aftenposten, Svenska Dagbladet, Aftonbladet
- Vice Chair, Aschehoug A/S
- Independent Board member, Nera ASA
- Board member, WeVideo Inc.
- Chair, bMenu A/S
Birger Magnus has a broad professional experience covering emerging technologies, management consulting, private equity, energy, insurance, shipping, airlines, media and digital media, entertainment and publishing.
Birger is Chair of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corp. and Working Group Two A/S, a JV between Cisco and Telenor offering new cloud-based software to the mobile telecoms sector. He is also Chair of Oda A/S which delivers online groceries in Norway, Germany and Finland, Chair of Xeneta, which provides pricing information to the container-shipping industry and a Board member at Harvard Business Publishing.
Birger also chairs Holmenkollen Ski Festival, the charity Active Against Cancer Foundation and Norsk Klimastiftelse.
His career has been centred on leading digital-transformation programmes in sectors such as media, insurance, energy and shipping, and he has hands-on experience of digital start-up and growth companies working with founders to scale and build sustainable companies.
During the 13 years Birger spent with Schibsted media group including as Deputy CEO, he led the digital transformation that allowed Schibsted to expand beyond Norway and put it at the forefront of digital-media business models. The work became a Harvard Business School Case Study.
Before joining Schibsted, Birger was the Managing Partner of McKinsey & Co., Norway.