Major Career Roles:
- Chair, Supervisory Board of Allianz SE, formerly CEO
- Deputy Chair, Supervisory Board of Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- Shareholder representative, Siemens AG
Other Career Highlights:
- Member, Temasek European Advisory Panel
- Chair, Supervisory Board, Dresdner Bank AG
- Deputy Chair, Supervisory Board, Linde AG
- Deputy Chair, BASF SE
- Supervisory Board member, Lufthansa
- International Advisory Committee, SINO CEE Fund of SINO-CEEF Capital Management Co. Ltd
Michael Diekmann has truly global experience, with more than 25 years of international senior-leadership experience and profound networks in Asia Pacific, Americas, Africa and Europe. He has multi-industry knowledge in insurance, financial services, healthcare, chemicals and aviation.
Michael is Chair of the Supervisory Board of Allianz SE and Deputy Chair of the Supervisory Board of Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA.
Michael is a Emeritus Member of the Temasek European Advisory Panel, a member of the International Advisory Group of Linklaters LLP and a Consultant on the Advisory Board of ISTARI Global Ltd. He is also a member of the Google Cloud EMEA Advisory Board and is an honorary Chair of IBLAC (International Business Leaders Advisory Council) for the Mayor of Shanghai.
Michael is an active venture-capital investor in biotech, cyber and waste-water processing companies.
Michael has worked on all continents during his active management time. His professional experience was predominantly at Allianz, where he held various management positions, culminating to serve as Chair of the Board of Management and CEO of Allianz SE from 2003 to 2015. He was also the Chair of the Supervisory Board of Dresdner Bank AG, Deputy Chair of the Supervisory Board at Linde AG and BASF SE and a Supervisory Board member at Siemens AG and Lufthansa.
Michael was a member of the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s Advisory Board as well as a member of the Board of Trustees of Siemens Foundation.