Major Career Roles:
- Chair, BP plc
- Chair, Novo Nordisk A/S
- CEO, BG Group
- President & CEO, Equinor (Statoil) ASA
- President & CEO, Aker Kværner ASA
- Adviser, Norwegian Conservative Party parliamentary group & Adviser, former Norwegian PM Kåre Willoch
Other Career Highlights:
- Independent Director, Schlumberger Ltd
- Independent Board member, Nokia Oyj
- EVP and Deputy CEO, Aker RGI Holding ASA
- Various executive roles, Nycomed Pharma A/S
- Management Consultant, McKinsey & Co. Inc.
Helge Lund is a distinguished leader in the energy industry known for his open-minded and forward-looking approach. He has deep industry knowledge and global business experience of the energy, pharmaceuticals, engineering, construction, industry and shipbuilding sectors. He is an experienced Chair of public companies across FTSE 100 and STOXX Europe 50.
Helge is Chair of BP plc, Chair of Novo Nordisk A/S, and serves as Operating Adviser to Clayton Dubilier & Rice LLP. He is a Board member of Belron Group SA and P/F Tjaldur. He is also on the Board of Trustees of the International Crisis Group.
Prior to his Chief Executive roles at BG Group, Equinor and Aker Kværner, Helge held executive positions in Aker RGI ASA, an industrial holding company, and Nycomed Pharma A/S, an industrial group with business activities in pharmaceuticals and energy. He worked as a Consultant for McKinsey & Co. and has served as a Political Adviser to the parliamentary group of the Conservative Party in Norway.