Major Career Roles:
- Chair, Alpiq Holding AG
- Non-Executive Director, BP plc
- Senior Adviser, KKR plc
- CEO, E.ON SE
Other Career Highlights:
- Non-Executive Director and Co-Chair of the Integrity Committee, Deutsche Bank AG
- Non-Executive Director, Salzgitter AG
- President and former Chair, Eurelectric
- Board of Trustees, ThyssenKrupp Stiftung
- General, Norwegian Honorary Consul
- Board member, Federation of German Industries e. V. (BDI)
- Deputy Chair, World Energy Council
Johannes Teyssen has been a leader in the European energy utility industry throughout the last decades on its transformation towards liberalisation, privatisation, and its fundamental pathway to clean and renewable sources. Today he is Chair of the Swiss power (hydro, nuclear, gas) generator and trader Alpiq, Non-Executive Director for the global oil and gas company BP on its way to become an integrated energy company into new associated businesses and operations. He is also Senior Advisor for KKR’s infrastructure and impact investments.
Johannes has been a long-time CEO of the European power major E.ON and orchestrated its way from an integrated energy company (spanning from E&P, generation across all sources towards regulated infrastructures and retail) towards becoming Europe’s biggest power distribution operator and partner of 50 million clients across 10 jurisdictions.
Johannes also worked as Non-Executive Director across other sectors (financial and steel), i.a. supporting Deutsche Bank in the challenges and changes past the global financial markets turmoil (Lehman aftermaths). Through his various engagements he gained experience in various corporate governance systems.