Ho Kwon Ping
Major Career Roles:
- Founder and Chair of Banyan Tree Holdings Ltd
- Founder and Chair Laguna Resorts and Hotels Ltd
- Chair of Thai Wah Public Company
- Founder of Singapore Management University
Other Career Highlights:
- Independent Non-Executive Director Standard Chartered plc
- Chair of Thai Wah Food Products PCL
- Independent Non-Executive director Diageo plc
- Independent Director, Singapore Airlines
- Chair of MediaCorp Pte LTD
- Government member of Singapore on the Advisory Council on Culture and the Arts, Government Advisory Committee on Long Term Education and Arts, Japan-Singapore Economic Advisory Group
Ho Kwon Ping has a vast wealth of experience from over 20 years of international senior leadership experience as Chair and CEO of public and private companies. He has knowledge and expertise across multiple industries including hospitality, tourism, media, and beverages.
Ho Kwon Ping is the Founder and Chair of Banyan Tree Holdings Ltd and Laguna Resorts and Hotels Ltd, and Chair of Thai Wah Public Company. He is also the Founder of Singapore Management University.
Former directorships include Independent Non-Executive Director, Standard Chartered plc (1996–2006), Diageo plc (2012-2020), Independent Director, Singapore Airlines (2000–2007) and Board of Trustees, Singapore Management University (2000 – 2023). Ho Kwon Ping was also an Advisory Board Member at Moelis & Co. between 2011 and 2016.
Educated at Tunghai University, Taiwan, Stanford University, California, and the University of Singapore, Ho Kwon Ping was the Economic Editor of the Far Eastern Economic Review in Hong Kong before joining the Thai Wah family business and then starting his own companies.