Dame Vivienne Cox CBE
Major Career Roles:
- Chair, Victrex plc
- Senior Independent Director, Pearson plc
- Lead Independent Director, UK Department for International Development
- Executive VP/Division CEO, BP plc
- Chair, Vallourec SA
Other Career Highlights:
- Non-Executive Director, BG Group plc
- Non-Executive Director, Climate Change Organisation
- Board member, INSEAD
- Chair, Climate Change Capital Group Ltd
- Non-Executive Director, Eurotunnel plc
- Member, Airports Commission
- Non-Executive Director, GSK plc
- Non-Executive Director, Venterra Group plc
- Non-Executive Director, Rio Tinto plc
Dame Vivienne Cox has wide experience of business gained in the energy, natural resources and publishing and pharmaceutical sectors. She also has a deep understanding of regulatory and government relationships.
Dame Vivienne is Chair of Victrex plc, Non-Executive Director of Haleon plc and Non-Executive Director of Venterra Group plc. She is also an Advisor to Montrose Associates Ltd. Previously, Dame Vivienne was Board Member of Stena AB.
Dame Vivienne worked for BP plc for 28 years in Britain and continental Europe, in posts including Executive Vice President and Chief Executive of BP’s gas, power and renewable business where she created the alternative energy unit.
She is Vice Chair of Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford, Chair of the Rosalind Franklin Institute and Honorary Secretary of the Energy Institute, and an Advisory Board member to the Royal Academy of Engineering and of the African Leadership Institute. She is a Patron of the Hospice of St Francis.
Dame Vivienne was named a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2022 for services to sustainability and to diversity and inclusion in business.